- Hal: "After the BulletBoys track, Tommy re-starts some earlier competitions (Pink Floyd, Vixen, Bon Jovi and general junk) because there had been a postal strike and people couldn't write in. The 1988 strike ended on 13 Sep 1988 but the backlog took a few weeks to kick in. Date confirmed after the Nuclear Assault and Little Angels tracks by Tommy detailing the upcoming Night Rockin' show, which will start in 'a week and a day' at midnight on Sat 1 Oct. Also after the Little Angels track, Tommy announces that there won't be a FRS the following week because of Radio 1's 21st birthday. The only band Tommy mentions in the intro who don't appear in this track listing are the Seers. There was a band by this name who issued a couple of singles in 1988, but they don't sound like track 22." 
Track Listing Edit
Files a and b
- Helloween: 'March Of Time (LP-Keeper Of The Seven Keys - Part II)' (Noise International)
- BulletBoys: 'Smooth Up In Ya (CDS)' (Warner Bros.)
- Thin Lizzy: 'Dancing In The Moonlight (2x Compilation LP-21 Years Of Alternative Radio 1)' (Strange Fruit)
- Bon Jovi: 'Blood On Blood (LP-New Jersey)' (Vertigo)
- April 16th: 'Let It Roll' (FRS Session)
- Iron Maiden: 'Hallowed Be Thy Name (LP-The Number Of The Beast)' (EMI)
- Crazyhead: 'Rub The Buddah (CDS-Rags)' (Food)
- Nuclear Assault: 'Stand Up (CDS-Fight To Be Free)' (Under One Flag)
- TV promises to repeat archive material, and trails a new rock show, 12-2 a.m., October 1st, 'Night Rockin'
- Rock City Angels: 'Boy From Hell's Kitchen (2xLP-Young Man's Blues)' (Geffen)
- Kix: 'She Dropped Me The Bomb (CD-Blow My Fuse)' (Geffen)
- trailer for Radio 1 book, 'One On 1'
- April 16th: 'Rattlesnake Shakedown' (FRS Session)
- Tony MacAlpine: 'Tears Of Sahara (LP-Maximum Security)' (Vertigo / Squawk)
- TV gives out the new 1FM frequencies
- Slayer: 'South Of Heaven (CD-South Of Heaven)' (London / Def Jam Recordings)
- Guns N' Roses: 'Welcome To The Jungle (12")' (Geffen)
- Lie Back And Enjoy It
- April 16th: 'She's Mean' (FRS Session)
- Death: 'Pull The Plug (CD-Leprosy)' (Under One Flag)
- Little Angels: 'Ninety In The Shade (7")' (Polydor)
- Seers: Memories In My Head 
- April 16th: 'Sleepwalkin' (FRS Session)
- a) Friday Rock Show, BBC Radio 1, 1988-09-23
- b) FRS-1988-09-23-A
- c) FRS-1988-09-23-B
- a) 01:54:18
- b) 01:02:17
- c) 00:57:05
- a) Many thanks to Kilasson.
- b) & c) Many thanks to Hal C F Astell.
- ↑ An unsigned band that took part in the Rock Wars in the Friday Rock Show. Didn't seem to get very far, as they remained unsigned and vanished into oblivious.